- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 3
- Adjacent to a golf course
- Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
- Available in some public areas: Internet access
- Beach access
- Smoke-free property
- Travel crib
About this Property
- Sleeps 3
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Bed & breakfast
- Non-smoking property
- No children allowed
Historic Home Awaits!
Welcome yourself to a plush overnight stay at the Richardson Pool Glover House, an Elizabeth City Inn.
We offer a king sized entry level master with en-suite, for your comfort.
Coffee & tea bar is supplied at your convenience, & local breakfast spot recommendations are supplied. We are in walking distance to the water, all the best Elizabeth City eateries, the breweries, stores, and wine bar.
You may interact with our dogs during your stay, please be dog friendly! Property is cleaned & sanitized after every stay. Guests have full access to the parlor & porch.
About the Area
Located in Elizabeth City, this bed & breakfast is in the city center and on the waterfront. Arts of the Albemarle and Museum of the Albermarle are cultural highlights, and some of the area's attractions include Elizabeth City Area Convention & Visitors Bureau and Port Discover.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets not allowed
Rental property booking tips and tricks:
When to visit Elizabeth City & When to book:
- To get the most suitable vacation home within budget, we highly recommend reserving in Fall or Spring. You'll enjoy lower rates, better selection, beautiful weather and the absence of giant crowds at local restaurants, tours, and activities.
- In the Elizabeth City area, The sooner your group can book, the easier your search will be. The most desirable vacation rentals are booked early. Booking your vacation property six - twelve months before your vacation is recommended. Holiday gatherings are excellent times to search for and reserve your rental property.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property management company or host if your vacationing group qualifies for a price reduction or discount.
- Booking websites frequently offer renters an option to buy trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which will generally cost anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed trip time as a result of medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs, such as an unanticipated hotel or additional gas expenses. Trip insurance can be a a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for more information.
- Look for your local Elizabeth City visitors guide when you check-in. If your rental property doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers. In addition to great local stories, travel guide magazines have coupons for local accommodations, tours and attractions.
Planning, picking, and booking the perfectrental home:
- Select your vacation dates and max budget.
- Note the number bedrooms and the configuration you need. King B&B room 1 hour from the OBX & Hampton Roads has 1 bedrooms and 1 bathrooms.
- Specific information regarding bedrooms and bed types is usually accessible on booking websites. If not, email the property owner before booking the vacation property. Note that most property listings specify the max. guest capacity, which typically includes pull-out couches and bunk beds.
- Looking for particular amenities? Most websites include amenity lists and search filters. Amenity filters help you quickly remove less-optimal properties.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for persons with a disability. Remember to confirm all required amenities are available before reserving a rental
- Some rentals allow pets, but some do not. Allowable types of pet, weight and breeds may be restricted, and additional charges may apply. Ask your host about pets before booking.
Know before you go:
- Store the host's contact information in your smartphone.
- Record any damages to the property during check in, and immediately send them to the host. We specifically recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain time stamps that are helpful if damages are attributed to your stay.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a garage door opener, intercom or appliance. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief call can prevent a lot of difficulties.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like unpleasant vacationers disrupting your peace. Practice the golden rule for common sense. If they like you, locals might even recommend great local food and attractions you would have not otherwise known about!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Locals can usually help. Who better to ask where to charter a fishing boat, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for bird watching?
- Protect the rental owner (and your things!) by locking and securing the home when you are gone, just like you would at home.
- Just before checking out, complete a final walk-through to confirm you did not forget anything. Make sure to check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden treasure. Clean out the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Did your family have a excellent stay? Many rental managers make it easy for clients to provide reviews. If your rental and/or host was fantastic, they always love to hear your praise. If anything was amiss and they failed to correct it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make it a point as part of your review.
- Encore Theatre Company - 0.4 miles
- Arts of the Alemarle - 0.5 miles
- Port Discover - 0.5 miles
- Downtown Waterfront Market - 0.5 miles
- Charles Creek Park - 0.8 miles
- Elizabeth City State University - 1.7 miles
- U.S. Coast Guard Air Station Elizabeth City - 4.7 miles
- Museum of the Albemarle - 0.6 miles