- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 7
- 2 bathrooms
- 3 bedrooms
- Desk chair
- Dining table
- Free WiFi
- Ice maker
- In the city center
- No pets allowed
- On the river
- On the waterfront
- Outdoor furniture
- Shower/tub combination
- Sleeps 7
- Smoke-free property
- Washing machine and dryer
About this Property
- Sleeps 7
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
Freshly remodeled 3 bedroom home located within walking distance of downtown Elizabeth City and all its amenities and 45 mins. from the Outer Banks. The home has a private patio and street parking. The neighborhood is very family-friendly and walking distance to the boat docks. Elizabeth City is the "Harbor of Hospitality."
About the Area
Located in Elizabeth City, this vacation home is in the city center and on the waterfront. The area's natural beauty can be seen at Great Dismal Swamp National Wildlife Refuge and Dismal Swamp State Park, while Arts of the Albemarle and Port Discover are cultural highlights. Elizabeth City Area Convention & Visitors Bureau and Jim Catfish Hunter Museum are also worth visiting.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets not allowed
Getting the best Elizabeth City vacation property experience:
Cost saving strategies:
- Book your vacation home as soon as possible. Rental schedules often open 12 months in advance (or in September just after Summertime ends). Many families reserve their Summer vacation rentals during Christmas and Thanksgiving gatherings. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months in Elizabeth City. Booking your vacation home in Spring or Fall is one of our best tips for saving money on your vacation home. Rental rates are lower, and you'll find a better selection of acceptable properties.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property owner if your group qualifies for a price reduction or discount.
- Property managers usually offer customers an option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually costs between 1% - 5% of the reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed time as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or additional gas expenses. Trip insurance can be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your host for details.
- Many rental management companies supply Elizabeth City area travel guide magazines that include money-saving offers, either offered independently by local companies, or through a relationship between the property management company and the business itself. You can also find Elizabeth City visitors guide and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
Planning and choosing the perfectrental home:
- Select a group leader, select your vacation week, and select a maximum budget.
- Determine how many beds and the configuration your family requires. Welcome to "Anchors Away" has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our rentals search.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts & types is usually available online. If they are not listed, email the property manager before you reserve the rental. Note that most property listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which frequently includes pull out couches in living rooms. You will need to establish which bed configuration is optimal for your trip.
- If your family is bringing pets, you'll need to search for a pet-friendly vacation rental. Make sure to ask for details on breed, weight, and type restrictions. Note that some hosts charge additional pet fees.
- Visiting for a specific event or attraction? Use a map search to locate nearby properties.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for persons with a disability. Confirm all required amenities are included before reserving a rental.
More considerations for your visit:
- Store the manager's information in your smartphone.
- Property managers are great sources of help! Feel free to ask questions during your stay.
- Protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by locking and securing the home while you are away, just like you would at home.
- Record any damages to the property during check in, and immediately contact the property manager. We specifically recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that are useful if there is a dispute.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like unpleasant visitors bothering your quiet neighborhood. Apply the golden rule for common sense. Happy residents may even recommend great local food and attractions you would've never otherwise known about!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Locals can frequently help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great night out, or the best spots for BBQ?
- Double-check every room of the rental property to make sure that you've packed all belongings at departure. Re-check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden belongings. Clean the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- After your trip, leave feedback! Property owners rely on good reviews to propel new bookings. They'll be grateful for your feedback. Alternatively, if something went awry, other vacationers will will be grateful for your review and help them have the best future vacation. Remember to be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the host could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to fix it.
- Encore Theatre Company - 0.4 miles
- Arts of the Alemarle - 0.4 miles
- Downtown Waterfront Market - 0.4 miles
- Port Discover - 0.4 miles
- Charles Creek Park - 0.7 miles
- Elizabeth City State University - 1.8 miles
- U.S. Coast Guard Air Station Elizabeth City - 4.5 miles
- Museum of the Albemarle - 0.6 miles