- As low as $158/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- 1 bathroom
- 2 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bathtub or shower
- Bed sheets provided
- Desk chair
- Dining table
- Fishing nearby
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Free WiFi
- Golf nearby
- Hair dryer
- In the city center
- Kayaking nearby
- Kitchen island
- Living room
- Marina nearby
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- No pets allowed
- On the river
- Onsite parking
- Paper towels
- Power boating nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Smart TV
- Smoke-free property
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Washing machine and dryer
- Wildlife and game walks nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
Savor the vibes of city living in a cozy, historic town in NENC. This building was constructed in the 1920's & features original wood floors & exposed brick walls. You cannot beat the location of this Vacation Rental By Owner—it’s in the heart of downtown Elizabeth City & just steps away from great eateries, stores, & bars. It’s one block from the waterfront, called "The Harbor of Hospitality". Appreciate your stay in this rare 2BR/1BA condo that was decorated by a local design company. 45 min drive from the OBX & VA!
This is 2BR/1BA condo that has been decorated charmingly. It is has a completely-outfitted kitchen as well as a laundry room with a washer and dryer. There is a separate area in the main living space that has an L-shaped desk, ideal for guests who are traveling for work and need a place for their laptop. The wifi code will be supplied to guests during check-in. The living room is decorated handsomely, with a huge couch, accent chair, and ottomans. Savor the 55' intelligent TV with YouTube TV that is supplied at no additional cost. If guests have their own login to other apps such as Netflix or Hulu, they can login with their own credentials . The dining area features an 8 foot table with benches. It can comfortably fit 6 but can seat up to 8 with two additional accent chairs that are used in the condo for additional seating. Enjoy the bespoke bar that was made for this space as well! The master bedroom has a king bed and the guest bedroom has a queen bed. Both also have dressers for storage and access to the closet. Enjoy the sunset view out of the windows that overlook Poindexter Street in downtown Elizabeth City. The bathroom has two separate vanities and a enormous shower/tub.
This is a private condominium, with numerous units. There are no shared amenities for the building, only shared common areas that include the lobby and the stairwells.
We freshly added two air treatment systems to our condo. They both have 3-stage filtration with a Pre-filter, HEPA filter, and Carbon filter. According to the manufacturer of the units, these air treatment systems remove over 300,000 airborne contaminants, have a 99.99% filtration rate, and filters particles 30,000x smaller than a human hair. Enjoy your stay here knowing that air quality is important to us and our guests!
It is also important to note that this building was constructed in the 1920’s! It has many original features but it does lack some of the insulation that we are used to today. This means that you may hear neighbors above or beside you occasionally. You might also hear cars drive by outside. To reduce any noises for lighter sleepers, we do have an industrial fan that can be used!
About the Area
Located in Elizabeth City, this condo is in the city center and on a river. Port Discover and Arts of the Albemarle are cultural highlights, and some of the area's activities can be experienced at The Pines at Elizabeth City and Sound Golf Links at Albemarle Plantation. Elizabeth City Area Convention & Visitors Bureau and Jim Catfish Hunter Museum are also worth visiting. Looking to get your feet wet? Kayaking, motor boating and sailing adventures can be found near the property.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Pets not allowed
Tips and Tricks to get the very best vacation rental experience:
Finding your perfect rental:
- Reserve your vacation home as soon as possible. Rental schedules often become available twelve months in advance (or in September just after Summertime ends). Many families reserve their Summer vacation rentals during holiday get-togethers. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Summer months are high season in the Elizabeth City area. To find the best value, shift your group's trip dates to the Spring or Fall months. May, September, and even October offer excellent temperatures, , and greatly reduced traffic. Many vacationers use this method to find larger homes within budget, or to book a beach front vacation rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during the high season. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Elizabeth City vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday near the ocean? Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to gather with family and friends at the beach.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property manager or host if your family qualifies for a reduced rate.
- Booking websites usually offer customers an option to purchase trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which will generally cost 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for days missed as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation charges, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance can be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for program terms and fees.
- Often, property management companies and vacation rental houses supply Elizabeth City area travel guide magazines which often include coupons, either offered directly by local businesses, or through a relationship between the property management company and the business itself. You can also find Elizabeth City visitors guide magazine and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
Finding the perfect rental in the Elizabeth City area:
- Choose a group leader, select your vacation week, and choose a max budget.
- Note the number beds and the configuration your group needs. Historic Condo in the Heart of Downtown Elizabeth City has 2 bedrooms and 1 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our rentals search.
- Precise information about bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is usually accessible online. If not, email or call the property owner before you reserve the property. Remember that most property listings specify maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds. You'll need to work out what bed configuration is best for your family.
- If your family is vacationing with pets, filter your search for a rental that allows animals. Ask for details on breed, size, and type restrictions. Usually, property owners require additional pet deposits and fees.
- If there's an individual Elizabeth City destination you are crazy about, search for homes that are either nearby, or those that cater especially to your desires.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for persons with a disability. Make certain to inquire about specialized equipment and wheel chair accessibility.
More tips for your stay:
- Store the host's information in your smartphone and wallet.
- Property managers are there to help! Feel free to ask any questions during your stay.
- Ensure you protect the owner (and your things!) by locking the property while you are away, just like you would at home.
- Make a record of any damages to the property upon arrival, and immediately contact the owner. We specifically recommend e-mails and text messages, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that are very helpful if damages are attributed to your stay.
- Respecting quiet hours and parking rules can make a stay significantly more pleasurable. You'll enhance your chance to make some new local friends, and resident neighbors are usually a terrific source for finding the best local spots.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Neighbors can usually help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to order delicious takeout, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for crabbing?
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before you drive away, walk through the rental property to reconfirm you've collected all of your things. Check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden items. Clean the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Go through the property a final time and scan for any damage. We advise inspecting the property with the host whenever possible. If the property manager is not available, take pictures of the property to record its condition at check-out.
- Did your group have a excellent vacation? Many rental websites make it easy for clients to provide reviews. If your property and/or property management company was great, they always love to hear your praise. If anything was imperfect and they failed to correct it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make a note as part of your comments.
- Downtown Waterfront Market - 0.3 miles
- Port Discover - 0.3 miles
- Arts of the Alemarle - 0.4 miles
- Encore Theatre Company - 0.4 miles
- Charles Creek Park - 0.5 miles
- Elizabeth City State University - 1.6 miles
- U.S. Coast Guard Air Station Elizabeth City - 4.3 miles
- Museum of the Albemarle - 0.5 miles