About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
Savor the vibes of city living in a cozy, historic town in NENC. This building was constructed in the 1920's & features original wood floors & exposed brick walls. You cannot beat the location of this Airbnb—it’s in the heart of downtown Elizabeth City & just steps away from great eateries, stores, & bars. It’s one block from the waterfront, called "The Harbor of Hospitality". Savor your stay in this rare 2BR/1BA condo that was decorated by a local design company. 45 min drive from the OBX & VA!
This is 2BR/1BA condo that has been decorated attractively. It is has a completely-supplied kitchen as well as a laundry room with a washer and dryer. There is a separate area in the main living space that has an L-shaped desk, ideal for guests who are traveling for work and need a place for their laptop. The wifi code will be supplied to guests during check-in. The living room is decorated elegantly, with a sizable couch, accent chair, and ottomans. Appreciate the 55' intelligent TV with Sling that is included at no additional cost. If guests have their own login to other apps such as Netflix or Hulu, they can login with their own credentials . The dining area features an 8 foot table with benches. It can comfortably fit 6 but can seat up to 8 with two additional accent chairs that are used in the condo for additional seating. Enjoy the bespoke bar that was made for this space as well! The master bedroom has a king bed and the guest bedroom has a queen bed. Both also have dressers for storage and access to the closet. Enjoy the sunset view out of the windows that overlook Poindexter Street in downtown Elizabeth City. The bathroom has two separate vanities and a enormous shower/tub.
This is a private condominium, with multiple units. There are no shared amenities for the building, only shared common areas that include the lobby and the stairwells.
Other things to note
We newly added two air treatment systems to our condo. They both have 3-stage filtration with a Pre-filter, HEPA filter, and Carbon filter. According to the manufacturer of the units, these air treatment systems remove over 300,000 airborne contaminants, have a 99.99% filtration rate, and filters particles 30,000x smaller than a human hair. Enjoy your stay here knowing that air quality is important to us and our guests!
It is also important to note that this building was constructed in the 1920’s! It has many original features but it does lack some of the insulation that we are used to today. This means that you may hear neighbors above or beside you occasionally. You might also hear cars drive by outside. To reduce any noises for lighter sleepers, we do have an industrial fan that can be used!
About the Area
This condo is located in Elizabeth City. Port Discover and Arts of the Albemarle are cultural highlights, and some of the area's activities can be experienced at The Pines at Elizabeth City and Sound Golf Links at Albemarle Plantation. Elizabeth City Area Convention & Visitors Bureau and Jim Catfish Hunter Museum are also worth visiting.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Tips and Tricks to get the perfect Elizabeth City rental home experience:
Sticking to your budget:
- The sooner your group can reserve a home, the better your selection will be. The most desirable rental homes are reserved early. Reserving your rental up to 12 months before your travel dates is recommended. Winter holidays are excellent times to search for and reserve your rental property.
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months in Elizabeth City. Book your vacation in the Fall or Spring to enjoy beautiful weather while saving money and avoiding crowded roads, restaurants, and activities. Many vacationers use this method to find larger homes within budget, or to reserve a beach front vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable during the Summer. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Elizabeth City vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday on the coast? Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve are great times to gather with loved ones at the beach.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property owner or host if your group qualifies for a reduced rate.
- Booking websites usually offer customers an option to obtain vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed trip time as a result of medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as hurricane evacuation charges, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or extra fuel expenses. Trip insurance can be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for program terms and fees.
- Find a copy of your local Elizabeth City area magazine upon arrival. If your rental home doesn't have one, you can find them at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers. In addition to great local stories, visitors guides have money saving offers on nearby attractions, tours, restaurants, and shops.
Use filters to narrow your search:
- Choose a group leader, choose your trip dates, and choose a maximum budget.
- Determine how many beds and the bed configuration you need. Industrial Vibes in Downtown Elizabeth City has 2 bedrooms and 1 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Elizabeth City vacation rental search.
- Precise details about bedrooms and bed counts & types is usually accessible on booking websites. Otherwise, call the host before reserving the vacation property. Note that most property listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in living rooms.
- If your family is vacationing with pets, you must reserve a pet-friendly property. Ask for details on breed, weight, and type restrictions. Be aware that some property owners charge pet deposits and fees.
- Are you visiting for a specific event? Try a map search to locate nearby properties.
- Suitable accessibility can make or break a vacation for persons with a disability. .
Advice for a fantastic stay:
- Add the owner's contact info to your smartphone. Understand and take a copy of arrival/departure procedures.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a garage door opener, A/V setup or thermostat. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief text message prevents a lot of difficulties.
- Keep the property locked while you're gone! Don't let thieves spoil your holiday.
- To ensure that damages aren't attributed to your stay, note any problem areas when you arrive. message the host immediately to document any pre-existing damages. If there is a dispute about legal responsibility later, having the recorded problems and contact attempts will be valuable.
- Be respectful of your neighbors. Often times, adjacent homes are occupied by permanent residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations is the right thing to do.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Locals can usually point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to launch your kayaks, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for bird watching?
- Re-check the property to make sure that you've packed all of your family's items at departure. Check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden treasure. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Did your family have a terrific time? Most rental websites make it easy for travelers to provide comments. If your property and/or host was wonderful, they will likely appreciate your kind words. If anything was imperfect and they failed to fix it within reason, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make a note as part of your review.
- Downtown Waterfront Market - 0.3 miles
- Port Discover - 0.3 miles
- Arts of the Alemarle - 0.4 miles
- Encore Theatre Company - 0.4 miles
- Charles Creek Park - 0.5 miles
- Elizabeth City State University - 1.6 miles
- U.S. Coast Guard Air Station Elizabeth City - 4.3 miles
- Museum of the Albemarle - 0.5 miles